I am married to my best friend, who I am crazy in love with. I can't imagine life without him. I am a 20-something momma through adoption and birth - I'm in love with each one of my babies and I can't get enough of them. I am a big sister to seven brothers and sisters - who I absolutely adore. I'm passionate about adoption and intentional at recognizing the role God has me at as the second mom to my babies. I am the kind of person who will try almost anything. I love to travel and see new places. I have big dreams for my family - but I know that God's plans are bigger than my imagination can handle and I am excited to see where he will take us!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Finalization!

Just got the notice in the mail today that we will finalize our little man's adoption in two weeks! I am not looking at this day like "he will finally be OURS" - because he already is, I don't need a court to tell me that. Its significant of course because legally he becomes our son - but on his original birth certificate his first parents chose to put our last name as his. They put our name for him on it - I thought that was pretty special. I am SO EXCITED that his adoption will be final before the year's end - this means that we can claim all of our adoption expenses on our taxes in April! G's adoption ended up being about four thousand dollars more than we had originally anticipated, which may not seem like much, but when you aren't planning on it, and you don't have the money... well.. I am thankful this year the tax credit is refundable. With the refund we should be able to pay off the adoption loan (which is both K & G's loan combined). I'd like to say that this is good so we can get another loan and do it again!! Realistically, that isn't happening any time soon. My husband says no more babies. ever. He would like to adopt from the system next, but that also won't happen for a couple years so who knows where we will be at that point :) I like to guess and think about what life will be like - but things never turn out the way I anticipate. Luckily :)

No comments:

Post a Comment